Skip to content
Cost & Energy
- What is the total installed cost of the system?
- Do you propose a roof mount or ground mount system? What are the differences in cost, maintenance, space, etc…?
- How much of my energy use would my solar system cover?
- How much would my monthly energy bills be after installation?
- How long would my payback period be on my solar system? What are the key assumptions associated with my payback that may impact that result?
- How will solar affect my homeowner’s insurance?
Hardware & Installation
- If my energy use changes, will I be able to add more panels later?
- Will I need a new roof for any reason to install and utilize these solar panels i.e. weight?
- If these panels or the installation damage my property, who is responsible?
- In which country are the solar panels and inverters you are selling made?
- What kind of warranties do the solar panels and inverters have? When does equipment typically need to be replaced?
- How long will the installation take?
- When was your company established and how much solar has it installed to date? (Ask for references.)
- Does your company have a standard insurance certificate with adequate general liability coverage of $1 million or more? (Ask to see it)
- Does your company have professional liability insurance? (Ask to see it)
- Are your solar installers North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Electric trained and certified?
- Do you have a licensed professional engineer and master electrician on staff to review and approve drawings, obtain permits, and supervise electrical work? Will you handle that paperwork?
- Are you accredited with the Better Business Bureau? If so, what is your rating?
- Will you complete all of the paperwork associated with financing, tax credits, and/or grants? Does that cost extra?
- Do you work with any affiliated companies or sub-contractors?
- Do you offer any warranties or guarantees on your installation work?