RushShelby Energy is pleased to announce a scholarship program. Students graduating from high school this May can apply for a $1,000 scholarship from the electric cooperative.
Students must be the child of a RushShelby Energy member, residing in a home served by RushShelby Energy electricity. Applications will be judged on scholarship, citizenship, and school activities. Each application must also include a 750 to 1,500-word essay. All scholarship requirements and essay information can be found in the application below.
The deadline for scholarship applications is April 9, 2024.
Fill out the online form. The online Scholarship Application form should be filled out by the student, and the online Scholarship Academic Information form should be filled out by a Principal, Guidance Counselor, or School Official.
Operation RoundUp – Luck of the Draw
Operation RoundUp will be awarding four $1,000 scholarships at the end of the annual meeting on July 11, 2024. Luck of the Draw will award scholarships to qualifying students.
- Applicant must be an active RSE member or a dependent or legal ward of an active RSE member.
- Applicant must be a student enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time under-graduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school.
- Graduating high school seniors and students up to 26 years old may enter to win.
- RSE employees, directors and ORU Trustees and families are not eligible to win.
- Winners of the RushShelby Energy Scholarships or past winners of Luck of the Draw are not eligible to participate.
To enter complete the application. Bring your application and supporting documents to the 2024 annual meeting and visit the Operation RoundUp booth to be entered to win. Applications will be accepted until 7 pm. Winners will be announced at 7:15 pm and must be present to win.Luck of the Draw Scholarship Form (PDF)