Salary$55,000 to $62,000
ApplyApply on Indeed.com
This position will share responsibility as support for the daily accounting activities of our Electric Utility Cooperative. This includes, but not limited to, performing/assisting in a variety of accounting related functions that facilitate the preparation of monthly financial statements. Provide assistance for accounting duties related to month end, year-end, annual budgeting and various tax obligations. This position will interact in accounting related matters with other departments within the Cooperative.
- Maintains fleet asset & fleet expense and associated records for monthly closing
- Entry of accounts payable invoices and functions
- Maintain Electric Asset records and depreciation calculations
- Completes financial transactions, posting or calculating monthly journals, accruals and account reconciliations
- Various bank account balancing and daily cash flow functions
- Perform payroll functions and be available to back up all bi-weekly payroll processes
- Work in conjunction with outside auditors as needed; Maintain working relationships with external parties such as banks, auditors, vendors
- Assist in the design and implementation of future accounting conversions
- Other duties and responsibilities deemed necessary by management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of GAAP guidelines, financial statements, Microsoft office products.
- The ability to maintain accuracy while multitasking, working on multiple projects and meeting various deadlines.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of company information and integrity of financial information.
- Experience in working in a cooperative computerized accounting software is preferred
- Medical Insurance
- Paid time off – Vacation & Sick
- 401(k) match – Traditional and/or Roth
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Various other supplemental insurance coverages
- Resume deadline May 6, 2022