Salary$40,000 – $60,000 per year
ApplyApply on Indeed
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Specialist to join our Information Services Team. This role is a key member of a support team that would be responsible for providing expertise in administration and internal support of the end user PCs, with a basic understanding of network protocols. Tasks include end-user support and performing PC maintenance, upgrades, and configurations. The ideal candidate enjoys working with people and is willing to help instruct end-user classes to employees. Additionally, the candidate would have basic to advanced knowledge of Windows10, Office365, iOS devices, patching/imaging solutions, DELL desktop/laptop hardware, printers/peripherals, Active Directory user account management, TCP/IP networking, wireless solutions, mobile device management systems, workstation security products, and cybersecurity best practices in the user environment.
The typical hiring range for this position is dependent on experience and is between $40,000 – $60,000 per year.
Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Position Purpose and Objectives:
Under the supervision of the IT Services Manager, this position is responsible for embracing and supporting the vision and mission of the cooperative, and the department. Provides exceptional support for end users and their technology experience. Serves as the initial point of contact for the Service Desk function and participates in department projects. Furthers the goal of empowering the employees/directors to effectively use the technologies available.
The user environment includes company-owned desktops, laptops, peripherals, iOS devices, and management of these devices, software and cyber security products installed, Office 365, and voice communication systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- The responsibilities of the position are spent on direct support and implementation of the end-user environment. As the initial contact for the Service Desk function triages all reported issues through dialogue with the end user to thoroughly understand the impact of the issue, scope of the issues, business process affected, and timeline to complete. Uses current tools and procedures for recording and tracking all Incidents and requests to completion. Provides users with regular and informative updates until the incident/request is resolved.
- Diagnoses and resolves some common or routine technical problems independently using defined standards and procedures. Increases the frequency of solving routine problems independently. Documents technical configurations of user environment. Ensures timely, accurate deployment of hardware and software required by end users.
- Works under close supervision, independently and as a member of the IT/Marketing/Member Services team, based on specific direction, Service Desk cases, project task assignments, and department priorities. Day-to-day work is based on priorities established by the IT Services Manager.
- Adheres to existing standards, practices, and procedures, and provides suggestions for continual improvement in delivering an excellent user experience. Escalates or communicates unresolved or highly visible issues to IT Services Manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey technical concepts and procedures into formal documentation and/or policies.
- Coordinates with third-party support vendors for incident resolution, changes, hardware repair, or application installation/support.
- Communicates effectively with end users to ensure they have the necessary hardware and software to perform their job duties.
- Ensures compliance of hardware/software with organizational standards/policies and security standards.
- Works with IT Services Manager to develop an ongoing work plan and budget.
- Willing to help instruct end-user classes to employees and directors.
- Achieves and maintains familiarity with all business functions, processes, and systems. Achieves and maintains a high-level understanding of the entire RushShelby Energy technology environment.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues, fosters a spirit of cooperation in the workplace and contributes to a positive working environment.
- This position will also help fill the needs of our Member Services & Marketing department.
- Accepts accountability for all areas of responsibility.
It is essential that the end user’s experience with the technology environment be positive and productive. This position has contact with all employees/directors, and thus often represents the Information Technology Department to the organization and Board of Directors.
Works with all employees, and external vendors.
Office setting 80% of the time. 20% of the time may need to work in a support role while outdoors, in a warehouse or maintenance environment (dust, uneven surfaces and all types of weather and temperature variations). May be required to work weekends, evenings, or other irregular hours on occasion.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies, with curiosity and ability to formulate questions when identifying and evaluating solutions, researching issues, and triage problems.
- Extremely high level of customer service ethic.
- Possess exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to determine the technical skill level of the end user and to formulate and tailor communications accordingly.
- Ability to organize and complete daily activities based on specific directives, processes, and procedures, with the ability to meet multiple deadlines, and effectively handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of navigation and use of recent/current versions of Office365, Windows workstation operating systems, iOS devices, desktop/laptop hardware, printers/peripherals,
- Basic awareness of Active Directory, TCP/IP networking, wireless solutions, mobile device management systems, and security products, all as they relate to the user environment.
- Basic awareness of cybersecurity best practices in the user environment.
- Minimum of Associates degree in Information Technology or equivalent required, industry certifications are a plus.
- 1 year of experience in an end-user technical support position in an environment of over 30 end users with recent/current versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems, iOS devices, mobile device management systems, and Office365 that demonstrates a basic knowledge of these areas.
- Industry certifications preferred such as CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft, Cisco, etc.
Essential Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Majority of the time requires sitting, bending at the neck, waist, legs, and arms; twisting the body; and changing positions at will. Occasional driving, standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Requires repetitive motions with hands and fingers such as keyboarding, use of telephones, cell phones, etc.
- Requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate. Work requires close attention to detail and accuracy and is varied in nature with regular interruptions. Work is subject to irregular hours.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance