RushShelby Energy REMC, an electric distribution cooperative with headquarters located in Manilla, IN, is seeking an Engineering Technician. RushShelby Energy has provided reliable electric service to our members since 1935 and currently serves power to over 14,000 meters across 9 counties in east central Indiana.
Major responsibilities will include working to maintain and improve total system reliability and leading the collaborative efforts of engaging Operations, Engineering, and Information Technology (IT) to continually improve procedures and processes. This includes designing and maintaining continual system analytics for electric and fiber optic network, creating schedules for preventative maintenance, and maintaining proper documentation for all distribution equipment, analyzing work process improvements for system maintenance and continually make improvements to increase work efficiency, owning the distribution automation system(s), and troubleshooting member power quality issues. This position will also manage projects as directed from the VP of Engineering.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares drawings, material lists, and specifications for assigned distribution, protection, and communications systems in accordance with established standards and practices under the supervision of the VP of Engineering
- Prepares necessary paperwork and performs field measurements and calculations required for distribution and communications infrastructure.
- Creates and maintains the distribution SCADA system.
- Creates and updates distribution models, line models, and fabrication drawings to support the VP of Engineering.
- Recommends Work Plan improvements based upon engineering analysis/models
- Creates project estimates based upon established scopes and design standards and practices.
- Facilitates internal and external collaboration by maintaining effective channels of communication with other departments and divisions, as well as with transmission providers and interconnected utilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Associate Degree in Applied Sciences, Engineering Technology or technology related field minimum
- 2+ years of experience in electric utility preferred
- Advanced computer and technological skills including MilSoft, NISC, and various other staking and SCADA software preferred
- Other levels of experience may be considered including entry level engineer
Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong intrapersonal skills and the ability to contribute and collaborate in a group setting
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying scopes and timelines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and positive attitude
- Ability to work effectively in a changing environment
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills to identify, anticipate and resolve problems
RushShelby Energy REMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.