- A total of 4 scholarships, each at $1,000, may be awarded. Fewer than 4 scholarships may be awarded if there are not enough qualified applications received.
- 4 scholarships will be designated for residents of the RushShelby Energy service territory in Bartholomew, Decatur, Fayette, Franklin, Hancock, Henry, Johnson, Rush, and Shelby Counties. These students must attend Batesville, Connersville, Eastern Hancock, Edinburgh, Franklin County, Knightstown, Morristown, New Palestine, North Decatur, Oldenburg, Rushville Consolidated, Shelbyville Central, Southwestem, Triton Central, Tri High or Waldron High Schools.
- Homeschooled applicants living within the RushShelby Energy service territory are eligible.
- Applications will be scored on a 100-point scale; 50% for the essay, 20% for academic achievement, 15% for school involvement, and 15% for community involvement.
- Announcements of selected applicants will be made prior to graduation at the appropriate school.
- Applicants must not be the child or grandchild of an employee or director of RushShelby Energy.
- Payment of an awarded scholarship will be sent directly to the school.
- The applicant must be the dependent of a RushShelby Energy member and reside at a residence served by RushShelby Energy.
- The applicant must be a high school senior.
- The applicant must enroll in a college, university, a vocational or technical school seeking a degree to receive a scholarship.
- The recipient of the scholarship must provide proof of enrollment from the school to RushShelby Energy, along with information on where to direct payment.
Applications must be received in the RushShelby Energy office by April 8, 2022
School Extra Curricular Activities Please list only clubs, sports, groups, or activities related to your high school. You may list a maximum of 10 activities. Indicate if you are a member, officer, or held another position within the organization. Indicate number of years involved. Diversity of activities is preferential.
Community Activities Please list only clubs, sports, groups or activities outside of high school. This can include 4-H, Scouting, church, charitable, and other similar activities. Indicate if you are a member, officer, or held another position within the organization. Indicate number of years involved. You may list a maximum of 10 activities. Diversity of activities is preferential.
Each applicant is required to attach an essay to this application. The essay shall count as 50% of the scoring during the evaluation of this application.
The essay should not be less than 750 nor more than 1,500 words. Please include the word count at the bottom of the page. The essay should be typed in Arial size 12 point font, double-spaced, and printed on white paper.
The Essay topic: RushShelby Energy is driven by the 7 Cooperative Principles, one of which is Concern for Community. In your lifetime, how do you intend to leave your mark on the world and make it a better place?
A bibliography is not required.
The essay will be judged primarily on content, but the mechanical structure of the writing shall also be reviewed. Essays may be printed in the Electrawatt newsletter, which is provided to all RushShelby Energy members each month.
Agreement & Signature